Number of Positions: 2
Yardly is a yard maintenance service revolutionizing Canada’s residential snow removal and lawn care industry. We focus on building lasting relationships by delivering consistently high-quality work through a professional and courteous customer service team. Our user-friendly digital system makes it even easier for clients to seamlessly manage their services. With the mission of helping homeowners and communities maintain safe, thriving, and enjoyable outdoor spaces, Yardly, founded in 2015, operates in 22 cities and towns across Canada- including Edmonton, Calgary, and Toronto – and has served over 10,000 homes.
We place the utmost value on open and honest communication with both our clients and our team members. We are committed to upholding our brand promise with each of our customers all year long.
Yardly: Pro Development Program
What is it?
The Yardly Pro Development Program is a 12 month effort created to help aspiring sole proprietors on their path to launching a small business. This program provides a special chance to learn from experienced industry professionals how to carry out safe, effective work in lawn care and snow removal. We give those in our trainee program the tools and resources needed to succeed as a sole proprietor as soon as they graduate.
During the program:
● Trainees will gain 12 months of work experience alongside industry experts
● During this time, trainees will receive training on the following:
– Training and experience in industry best practices.
– Skills and materials needed to be successful as small business owners once graduated from the program.
– Knowledge on running a small business, including an understanding of risks and managing day to day operations in a profitable way.
– Training on language and cultural adaptation in Canada.
After the program:
● Trainees will graduate out of the program into being a sole proprietor with Yardly.
● As a Yardly sole proprietor, we offer interest free leases on all necessary equipment (not including vehicles).
● Sole proprietors will have the flexibility to build their own schedules.
● Under the Yardly brand, sole proprietors will continue to receive support in the form of:
– Consistent revenue stream with opportunity for growth
– Sales and marketing
– Customer invoicing
– Customer service and communication support
– Condensed and optimized routes
– Some supplies
Yardly is devoted to ensuring continued growth, success, and financial stability for our trainees and long term sole proprietors.
Trainee Role Description:
Yardly is seeking yard care trainees to join our Pro Development Program. This role is open to both, newcomers and experienced professionals in the industry; please note that WE WILL TRAIN YOU IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE. The Pro Development Program will begin working with trainees in April 2023. Let’s secure your place on our team.
Reporting to Yardly’s Manager of Operations, this technician role is a full time hourly position with healthcare benefits. As a member of our yard care workforce in Calgary, you will be responsible for servicing the residential properties of our clients along established routes.
What Yardly offers:
● A guaranteed minimum wage of $18 per hour for entry-level positions, possibly reaching $20 per hour as your skills develop and progress.
● Full-time, year-round employment where you will be doing Spring and Fall cleanups, lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.
● After a 90-day probationary period, you will be eligible for participation in Yardly’s health plan.
● Monthly and yearly awards for recognition and company appreciation activities.
● On the job paid training will be provided.
The right candidate will have the following:
● Valid status in Canada – work permit, permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
● Physically able to lift, load, and operate snow blowers, lawnmowers, and power rakes, among others.
● Computer-literate and good comfort level with technology.
● Able to read and interpret property maps.
● A valid driver’s license with no major infractions is required.
● Able to work in hot, cold, rainy, and snowy situations.
● Available to work day, evening, or weekend shifts.
● Flexible to work longer hours during peak season.
● Able to complete the work in a safe and timely manner.
● Demonstrate the ability to interact positively and professionally with our colleagues and clients.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
● An eye for quality and detail with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Being a key member of the Yardly team will allow you to experience professional and personal growth, a hands-on approach to work, and teamwork where we solve challenges together.
● Provide residential lawn maintenance and snow removal services.
● Drive a company truck to customer locations.
● Impress consumers with superior customer service.
● Report to work on time and accomplish all assignments with honesty and integrity.
Hours of Operation:
● In the winter, we begin our day at 6am
● In the summer, we begin our day at 6:30am, Monday to Friday. Weekend availability may be required when there are delays due to rain.
● Weekend availability – a must during the Winter season.
Submit your Resume:
If interested in this employment to sole proprietorship opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org