ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Based in beautiful Merritt B.C. our client Micon Industries and Procore International, a subsidiary of Decisive Dividend Corporation, designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance radiators and high-performance radiator seals and grommets to fit radiators.
Reporting into the head office and working closely with DDC and subsidiary leadership teams, the General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, effective management and financial performance of the subsidiary while adhering to a high standard of ethics, business practices and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and implement business and operating plans aligned with DDC’s overall strategy and objectives, for Micon Industries Ltd & Procore Radiators
- Provide hands-on leadership while implementing key strategic initiatives and best practices that drive revenue, profitability, and organic growth.
- Ensure top and bottom-line results and drive a culture of continuous improvement to maximize productivity and profitability.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the market and industry trends, identify growth opportunities, and develop plans to penetrate new markets and geographies.
- Foster positive and ethical work environment to attract, retain, and motivate a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels, and ensure a high-performing senior management team is in place.
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements while delivering business results.
- Forge long-term relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and ensure smooth production processes and timely delivery of products.
- Assist in hiring and training of production staff to ensure a smooth transition and develop and execute production schedules based on sales orders and distributor orders.
- Manage customer service operations and develop and maintain key customer relationships, resolving any customer issues that arise.
- Evaluate risks and challenges faced by the business, implement actions to mitigate risks and create new opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with DDC management and subsidiaries on important issues facing the subsidiary (internal and external)
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required to support the overall success of the organization.
Overall, the General Manager will lead the organization with an operating philosophy that is performance-driven while supporting DDC’s values, “The Decisive Way”.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred. However, equivalent experience will also be considered in lieu of formal education.
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior management role in the manufacturing industry, experience with rubber seals and grommet and radiator manufacturing would be an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in production processes, with the ability to streamline and optimize operations for maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to recruit, develop, and manage high-performing teams.
- Strong financial acumen, with the ability to analyze financial data, make informed decisions, and drive financial performance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with executives and stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to operate independently, with a strong sense of initiative and a results-driven mindset.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience in the heavy hauling industry is a plus, along with a strong understanding of its unique requirements and challenges.
Overall, the ideal candidate for this role should have a combination of strong technical expertise, leadership skills, financial acumen, and a results-driven mindset. They should also be able to work collaboratively with others while also having the independence to operate autonomously.
Our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for growth and enhancement within the company, and a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourage teamwork, creativity, and innovation.
Merritt, BC is a desirable location in a welcoming small-town setting, with easy access to major centers for added convenience.
HOW TO CONNECT FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY:
All interested candidates can send their resumes in Word or PDF format to:
Raman@themetier.ca or apply directly at www.themetier.ca
Only candidates who meet the criteria set by our client will be contacted directly; however, your resume will be in our system for us to contact you for future opportunities.